Sudakhya Scheme In Odisha
Odisha state government has given a nod to the new scheme namely Sudakhya Yojana for the girls of the state. Under this scheme girls will be encouraged to take technical stream in higher education. To persuade women empowerment this scheme has been started.
On 10th of Nov 2017, Friday the Chief Minister of Odisha Shree Naveen Patnaik has announced about the scheme. He stated that this scheme will run for two financial years 2017-18 and 2018-19 at first. Government Industrial Technical Institutes will supervise the training and study of the students enrolled under the Sudakhya Scheme Odisha.
Also Read – Uttar Pradesh Free Coaching Scheme
Key features sudakhya scheme
- Beneficiaries: There will be nearly 5000 girls who will be benefitted from the scheme in this following year. The scheme has set a target to increase the number of girls’ students in technical colleges by 30%.
- Colleges: Government-run Industrial Technology Institutes will be attached to this scheme, as mentioned above. Students who will be eligible for the scheme will get admitted to 48 GITIs in the state that are listed under this scheme.
- Training under the scheme: Students, after fulfilling the eligibility, will be admitted to the institutions for training and skill development. Along with booking knowledge the students will get practical training as well in technological stream.
- Registration: The scheme hasn’t launched officially. The registration process will be done through online portal. Soon the Sudakhya Scheme online portal will be launched and registration details will be announced.
Eligibility Rules for the Scheme
- This scheme is announced for the only girls’ education and for financial empowerment of them. Applicants must pass their matriculation to apply for the scheme.
- Female students who have passed their 10th examinations can apply for technical courses under this scheme. Also those who have passed 12th board examinations will be eligible for the scheme.
- It has been said that the students who have passed 8th standard will also be eligible for specific courses under this scheme. It hasn’t been confirmed about the courses listed under this scheme for 8th
The state government of Odisha has announced this scheme for the girls so that they can enhance their educational qualification for a bright career. To make them financially independent the scheme will be helpful. As of now not many information has come out. The government will soon launch the scheme for next couple of years officially with other important details.