Shrama Samarthya Scheme In Karnataka
State government of Karnataka is soon going to launch a new scheme for the construction labours. The scheme namely Shrama Samarthya is about providing training and skill to the workers work in construction sites. Alongside the authorities have also mentioned that sand delivery will be more swift in the state than earlier.
The scheme has not launched yet officially. The State Law Minister T. B. Jayachandra has announced about the scheme in November 2017 during cabinet meeting. He also told the press that this scheme will provide tool kits to the workers as well so that they can work smoothly.
Also Read – Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
Key Features of the Scheme
- Aim of the scheme: The scheme aims to enhance the standard of life of the workers who work in construction industries.
- Training: Under this scheme trainers will provide proper training and skill development knowledge to the construction labours. Apart from that, workers will get tool kits from the government for better work process.
- Mineral Concession Rules 2016: This is an old amendment in Karnataka. The state government has said that this amendment will also get accelerated along with this scheme. Under this amendment the disposal of sand will be faster and smoother than earlier.
- Pending Forms: At this moment nearly 2000 application forms from the M-sand producer units are pending in the state. With this amendment all the pending cases are expected to be resolved soon.
- No of beneficiaries: According to the announcement made by the State Law Minister nearly 37, 440 workers in construction industries will be trained and benefitted under this scheme.
- Training Institute: The state government is planning to set up training institute for the technical support. As per the reports the Karnataka German Technical Institute will set up soon by spending Rs. 48 Cr.
This scheme is for the workers who are working in construction industries. The workers will have to be the permanent domicile of the state of Karnataka. Other eligibility criteria are not yet published by the authority.
How to Apply
As of now no news regarding the application process has come out. The law minister has said soon the registration process will start. However no particular date has been announced yet. The applicants can check on this space for more information regarding the same in future.
Also Read – Atal Pension Yojana
The state government has allocated Rs. 99.98 Cr for this scheme. It has been told by the authority in the press conference that already the amount has been sent to the scheme. Hence the implementation will start soon in the state. Keep checking this space for the updated news regarding Shrama Samarthya Scheme.
The scheme is launching for the welfare of the construction workers across the state. As they represent the seasonal employment in the economy, it is necessary to bring up their life cycle. Along with toolkit it is said that they will be provided gloves, shoes, plastic helmet and other safety elements to use. This scheme will help them to develop their productivity and skill so that they can work more efficiently. Not many information have come out yet about the scheme.