Coaching classes for SC category Delhi
The Delhi government is all set to extend a helping hand to the SC/ST youth of the state. They will set up coaching center for students belonging to this category. The coaching centers will be set up around the city. So let us learn more about this scheme.
It was announced on 7th Nov and was much awaited by the SC/STs. So students must note that this scheme has launched in Delhi on Nov 26th 2017. The students can enquire about the same at their respective coaching institutes.
Also Read – ARMS Portal for managing Mid-Day Meal in J&K schools
Features of the scheme
- Beneficiaries: This scheme is for the students belonging to SC/ST categories. Those who are preparing for engineering exam or Civil Services shall only get the benefit.
- Places: This scheme is being implemented at key coaching areas around Delhi so that maximum number of students can take the benefit. Hence you can find it in Mukherjee Nagar, South Extension, Guru Teg Bahadur Nagar, etc.
- Coaching institutes: Major coaching institutes around the city have collaborated with the government to implement this scheme, like Chanakya, Akash, Paramount, Vajiram, Sanskriti etc.
- Types of institutes: Among the ones mentioned above, some are institutes that train for IIT-JEE, CAT and AIPMT while others are those that train students for UPSC and SSC.
- First phase: In the first phase of the scheme, nearly 100 students will receive the direct benefit of the scheme they will be funded by the government.
- Budget per student: The limit per student is Rs. 40,000 as of now. But this might fluctuate because some coaching centers charge a price higher than that.
- Stipend: Those SC students, who fulfill all the eligibility criteria of the educational institutes and those who pass Class X and XII successfully, will get a monthly stipend of Rs. 2500 along with full subsidy of coaching fees.
Need for the scheme
Previously the government provided skill training to these students. But that scheme did not yield the desired results for the SC/ST students. Most of the candidates that benefitted from that scheme were from general category. This is why the students were not able to take part in collective learning. Also they lacked competitiveness which was required to crack these exams. Hence, to make sure that the SC/ST students were also equally benefitted and to ensure that they still had the drive to perform well, this scheme was implemented.
Also Read – Ooratchikotai Water Scheme to be linked with AMRUT in Tamil Nadu
As of now the government has taken the last and final steps to ensure that this plan is in process. Hence you can take the advantage of this scheme from now onwards itself. It is a very positive step towards a direction of equal opportunities for all.