Deendayal Rasoi Yojana MP
The programs, associated with the serving of meals at low prices to the poor are not new in India. There were many states which started the practice but under the rule of the BJP government, the programs have got a new momentum. In the recent times, Madhya Pradesh has joined the string of states, which have already taken part in the scheme. The Deendayal Rasoi Yojana was recently launched in the state of Madhya Pradesh. As per the guidelines of the scheme, the state government is trying to serve low cost food thalis to the poor and the needy. It will ensure the development of the state and assist in improving the condition of the people in the area.
Key features of the Deendayal Rasoi Yojana
The following are the salient features of the Deendayal Rasoi Yojana:
- The scheme has been designed to provide the poor with proper meal plates. The government will provide the food to the needy at low price of just Rs. 5 so that more and more people can get the advantage of the scheme.
- The government departments will provide the funds and the materials at very low prices. The responsibility of the preparation and distribution of the food will be tackled by the NGOs. The most notable NGO is Ghan Shyam Sewa Samiti.
- Under the scheme, the preparation of the meals will be done by the volunteers of the NGOs, in the canteens, which will be constructed with the government aid. These canteens will get rice and wheat at Re. 1. The LPG connections will be provided at low rates as well.
- Apart from this, the NGO canteens will require water supply and electric connection for proper functions. To aid the operations in the canteens, the Municipality has been ordered by the state government to provide electricity and water to the canteens at no charges.
- For the advantage of the poor and the working classes, the canteens, under the scheme will start the distribution of food from 11 AM in the morning to 3 PM. It is the lunch time and the people will be able to get a nutritious thali at low rate.
- Each canteen will be able to cater to the needs of almost 2000 people. The rotis, served in the thali will be prepared by motorized machines. It will speed up the entire system and people will not have to wait in line.
- The lunch thali, served from the canteen will contain, one curry made from vegetables, four flat breads or rotis and one item containing dal (lentils). The food will provide the labor class with the much needed energy to keep working for the rest of the day.
Also Read – Vivah Hetu Anudan Yojana in Uttar Pradesh
Eligibility for Deendayal Rasoi Yojana
There is no special eligibility criterion for taking part in the program. The main objective of the state government, behind launching the scheme was to make sure than people of the poor classes do not go by on an empty stomach. Thus, the cost of the thalis has been fixed at a marginal amount. People belonging to the poor strata, including all the labors and beggars will also be able to avail the advantage of the scheme. They can get the food from the government aided canteens by spending only Rs. 5. There are no extra points for guessing that a lot of money will be required for the successful implementation of the program. The PM of the nation will provide the required funds under the Urban Infrastructure Plan.
Covered Area Under Deendayal Rasoi Yojana
While announcing the implementation of the program, the CM of the state also mentioned that the facility will be made available to the people of mall major cities. The main reason behind this is these cities have the largest concentration of poor people. The implementation will be made in the headquarters of the 49 districts. It was announced that one location will be selected in every district for the construction of the canteen. Whether a district requires two canteens or not will be determined by the number of people staying in the area.
Launch dates and details Deendayal Rasoi Yojana
The Deendayal Rasoi Yojana was launched and implemented in the state of Madhya Pradesh under the leadership of the Chief Minister of the state Shivraj Singh Chouhan. The official launch and implementation of the program took place in the city of Gwalior. In the official announcement, the CM said that the implementation of the scheme will be set in motion from the 6th of April, 2017. When the CM was announcing the launch of the program in Gwalior, the same announcement was made in the city of Bhopal by the mayor Mr. Alok Sharma. Many NGOs joined hands with the state government in the effort of providing good quality food to the needy at very low rates.
Also Read – Suryamitra Scheme In Uttar Pradesh | How to Apply for Suryamitra Scheme
Food is the most important need of humans. There are many sections in the society who are unable to get a decent meal for the lack of money. With the implementation of the scheme, those classes will not have to worry about staying on an empty stomach. They will be able to take the benefits of the Deendayal Rasoi Yojana. The government of MP has taken the step especially for improving the condition of the poor masses. The doors of the canteen will be open to all for being a part of the reform program. This is definitely a gift for the people of the state, from the Modi government.