Free Housing Scheme for Poor in UP
The percentage of poor people in the state of UP is high and so is the percentage of slum dwellers, in all cities. The BJP government has a lot of promises to fulfill and one among them is providing all the poor and needy with homes. As per the studies done by the survey groups, there are many such residents who do not have the means of purchasing two square meals for themselves. The Free Housing Scheme is a way to provide them with shelters over their heads. It is expected that the successful implementation of the scheme will assist the government in developing the overall living standards of the poor people.
Launch details and Official site
The announcement about the Free Housing Scheme for Poor policy was announced by the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath. The official announcement of the policy was made on the 25th of April, 2017. All the activities and plans under the program will be monitored by the U.P. Housing & Development Board. The head of his department is also Yogi Adityanath. It has also been announced that the policy will be named after the stalwart Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay. All details related to the program have been made highlighted on the official web page. One can access it by clicking on the link https://www.upavp.com/. According to the guidelines, the registration procedure has been stared from the month of May.
Eligibility Criteria For Free Housing Scheme for Poor in UP
- For LIG candidates – According to the guidelines of the policy, the state government will provide the free of cost flats only to those candidates who fall in the LIG (low income group). This means that all the people who do not have a permanent dwelling and fall below the poverty level, without any means of acquiring the economic stability required for acquiring a house soon.
- For EWS candidates – as for the people belonging to the economically weaker sections of the state, they will receive a certain amount of grant or donation. The amount will be provided by the Free Housing Scheme Central & State Government.
- Garib Kalyan Card – determine the proper and deserving candidates are a must. Foe this task, the central and the state government has opted to provide the poor candidates with the Garib Kalyan Card. The pass will assist the authorities in making the selection of the people who need to the houses most. The pass is also known as the Poor Welfare Card.
Key Features For Free Housing Scheme for Poor in UP
The following are the salient features of the free housing policy in the state of Uttar Pradesh:
- Providing free homes to the needy – as it has already mentioned that the state government is working towards making the flats available to those candidates who are very poor and lack the economic strength of purchasing or renting a home. The EWS candidates will get the flats at low costs.
- Providing adequate quantities of loan – both the central and the state government will be joining hands in providing the deserving candidates with the required economic assistance. The EWS candidates will be provided with loans of 6 lakhs.
- Low rate of interests – economic assistance will be also provided to the people by charging them with low interest rates on the loan amounts. These candidates will be able to get a subvention of 6.5% on the loan that they have taken.
How to get Application Form?
As of now, the application form is available on the official web page of the scheme. One can access the link that has been mentioned above and follow the steps to acquire the registration form. The same is available at the respective office of the authority. The candidates will have to fill the form and submit it accordingly.
How to Apply under the Yojana?
One will have to follow these steps to register under the scheme:
- If anyone is interested in getting the advantage under the scheme then they will have to log on to the official web site and click on the link that has been marked as “Online registration of Flats/Houses”
- Once the link has been clicked, another page will open and here, the candidate will have to determine the category under which he/she falls, i.e, LIG or EWS. Then they will be provided the respective form.
- As the application form appears, they will have to fill it up and hit the submit button. Without this registration, the state government will not be able to make the selection of the candidates.
Number of beneficiary
As per the official reports, the state government has already started the selection procedure. This process will be guided by the Poor Welfare Card that has been provided to the people by the authorities. As of now, the total number of people who have already been selected to be benefited by the program is a whopping 35 lakhs. The selection has been done as per the recommendations of SUDA.
State and central contribution
Just like the state government of UP has the Free Housing Scheme, the central government has been providing the same benefits under the Prime Minister Housing Scheme (PMAY). Under the scheme for UP, the state will provide the people with a sum of Rs. 1 lakh and the central government will provide the candidates with Rs. 1.5 lakhs. The candidates will also get loans at reduced interest rates.