Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Scheme/Yojana
There are two elements in this scheme:
A) PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana.
B) Money Transfer scheme
1. The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana;
Under this scheme, the total number of poor and migrated people who are Below Poverty Line get the additional wheat or rice. The total number of beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Scheme are around 800 million people. This scheme is an additional scheme which include extra 5 kg wheat or rice for free. As well as each household will get 1kg Pulse for free.
2. Money Transfer Scheme:
- Farmers are the first beneficiaries under money transfer scheme. In this scheme Farmers will get Rs. 2000 per month. This Scheme will benefit more than 85 million farmers.
- Wages has been increased, under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme. This scheme will increase the wares of family.
- Government will transfer Rs. 1000 in the account of Poor widows, Senior citizen and Physically challenged. 30 million people will benefit under this scheme and they will get the benefit for next 3 months.
- Women who have account under Jan Dhan Yojana scheme will receive Rs 500 ex-gratia for the next three months. This will benefit around 200 million people.
- Beneficiaries of the Ujjwala scheme will get free cylinders for three months considering the lockdown in the country due to Coronavirus.
- Under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya National Rural Mission scheme Self help group will get the loan of Rs. 20 lakh which is doubled considering the situation of Coronavirus in India. This will benefit around 70 million households.
- The Government of India will pay the EPF contribution of organized sector workers for the next three months. This will be for all those organizations which have up to 100 employees and 90% of employees earn less than Rs 15,000 per month. This will benefit around 4 lakh such organizations. Point to be noted: the EPFO regulation will be amended to allow the withdrawal of up to 75% of their amount as non-refundable advance, or three months’ salary, whichever is less.
- States government have been directed to make use of the Rs 31,000 crore welfare fund for Daily wage workers so that they can consume basic needs in the middle of the coronavirus crisis.
- State government has been directed to use the fund for medical screening, testing and providing health care services to cover up the coronavirus crisis.