This scheme was launched by PM Narendra Modi on 15 August 2018 with the aim to provide better health benefits to poor and medium families of India. This scheme will provide medical coverage so that a poor family can get good medical facility.Government has started this project and they created a record by spending ₹10000 crore on health care insurance.Formally it has been launched on 15 August in some areas of country but will completely run by end of September.
1. Government provide a coverage of ₹5 lacs. each family per year.
2. There is no special terms and conditions on the family size, age of family members and gender, every member is beneficial under this scheme equally.
3. If any of the family member (who adopted this scheme) get hospitalized then the amount will be paid by the government.
4. All conditions are eligible from the first day of the policy as there is no need to wait for a particular period.
5. ID’s are compulsorily for the treatment in hospitals.
It has been assumed that this scheme will benefit around 100 million families of India and around 500 million people of our country which is a large number, so till now this policy is looking beneficial for mediocre but people need to be guided property so that they can get a benefit.